Please note: Due to changes in school calendars due to snow days, our first week will run June 27-June 29 (not June 25-June 29 as originally planned.
If you have any questions, please call 617-427-8900 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are pleased that you are interested in FPTA Summer Camp!
We are not on site at DCR’s Melnea A. Cass Arena except for Saturdays (2pm-5pm) until Camp starts, therefore we prefer that all documents be either:
- mailed to Franklin Park Tennis Association Summer Camp, 1544 Columbus Avenue, Roxbury, MA 02119
- faxed to 617-606-9080.
- emailed to email@example.com
In June, we will have additional drop off hours, but until then, please feel free to call us at 617-427-8900 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Printable FPTA Camp Registration Form- 2018 FPTA Camp Registration Form
- (PDF)Medical form to be filled out by doctor – You may use this form or any form provided by your doctor providing it also include a copy of your child’s immunization record and is dated within the past 12 months.
- DCR Membership Forms: Youth Family – DCR Membership is free and required to participate. If your child is already a member, please check at the front desk for your membership number. You may complete a child membership for just your camper or complete a family membership for all members of the family. (printed copies also available at the Melnea A. Cass Arena).
- Online registration Form puts you on our list until you can get the actual paperwork in. This allows us to provide you with any updates or reminders as camp approaches. All campers must have a completed paper registration.
Additional Parent Handouts
Please use this checklist to ensure that you completed all the necessary items to sign your child up for camp:
- A completed FPTA Summer Camp application (including consent forms with signatures).
- A copy of your child’s physical including immunization records dated within 1 year or a medical form completed by your child’s doctor.
- A free DCR membership – member number should be written on application or provided to camp staff.
- If your child is on medication that needs to be given during the camp day, you will need to provide written authorization and the medications in their original containers. Please ask for the necessary forms.
- Review the Parent Handbook and the additional parent handouts (available with links on this page).
Campers with Disabilities
FPTA Summer Camp is an inclusive environment and makes reasonable accommodations for children with disabilities, however is not licensed or staffed as a Special Needs Camp. If you are looking for additional resources to meet the needs of your child, please feel free to ask for our assistance.
Goals of the program:
- Create a positive and fun environment
- Create opportunities for socialization and self-expression
- Provide opportunities for skill acquisition and development, on and off the tennis court, through a variety of activities
- Create new and strengthened connections within families and to the community
- Promote community awareness and involvement
- Provide a viable work experience for youth ages 13 and up.
Dates & hours of operation and cost:
*Drop-off before 8:30 am must be discussed with Camp Director and will require and additional fee.
Regular hours: *8:30 am – 4:00 pm, Monday – Friday $145/week per child
Extended day: *8:30 – 6:00 pm, Monday – Friday $175/week per child
*Drop-off before 8:30 am must be discussed with Camp Director
Week 1: June 27 – June 29 (3 days $85 regular day/$105 extended day)
Week 2: July 2 – July 6 (4 days $115 regular day/$140 extended day)
Week 3: July 9 – July 13
Week 4: July 16 – July 20
Week 5: July 23 – July 27
Week 6: July 30 – August 3
Week 7: Aug 6 – Aug 10
Week 8: Aug 13 – Aug 17
Week 9: Aug 20 – Aug 24
Week 10: Aug 27 – Aug 31
Registration & Payment Due Dates
All payments dropped off at the facility when camp staff is not available must be placed in a sealed envelope addressed to FPTA Summer Camp and left at the front desk. Payments must be in the form of a check or money order. Cash will be accepted on site once camp has begun.
- Registration and payments are due in full the Wednesday prior to the start of a camp week with the exception of Week 1, which will be due June 13.
- A $25 non-refundable deposit can be made at any time before the full payment is due to hold a spot for your child for any given week. If your full payment is not received on the Wednesday before your child is expected to start a camp week, you will lose your child’s spot and your deposit if there is a child waiting.
- All payments received are non-refundable.
- Acceptable Payments: We accept cash (during camp hours only), money orders and personal checks. All payments dropped off at the facility when camp staff is not available must be placed in a sealed envelope addressed to FPTA Summer Camp.
FPTA intentionally keeps pricing low to accommodate as many families as possible, therefore scholarships are minimally offered. If you are requesting a scholarship, we suggest that you write on top of your application, “scholarship request” AND the amount you can afford to pay. We ask that you be reasonable with your requests because we do not receive outside funding to support this program – we operate solely on registration fees. An FPTA staff member will call to discuss your request and your specific needs. FPTA prioritizes the needs of families with existing relationships with FPTA.